Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday 3/7/11

I've figured out how to use links on .svg, and I'v implementing some basic .css  The cool thing about using links with .svg is that I can do most of the graphical web design in inkscape, instead of typing in code to make layouts. Right now the link doesn't go anywhere, but tomorrow I'll work on that.

My Site

Now, the problem with putting svg code directly into html code is as follows:
SVGs right out of inkscape have plenty of tags such as <svg , <path, <filter, etc.
Each one of the tags needs to become <svg:svg, <svg:path, and <svg:filter, otherwise the SVG will not display.
So basically I need a program that takes each instance of a tag: <(tag)
and turns it into <svg:(tag).
I'm pretty sure thats the process for converting inkscape files.
Ill have something else on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This would be a fun little script to write. I'll talk to you more about it when I return.

    ReplyDelete